- Absolutely NOTHING to EAT or DRINK (including water) after midnight on the evening prior to surgery.
- No smoking or alcohol at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery and after the surgery for at least 2 days.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and stay with the patient for 24 hours after the surgery.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Please brush and floss your teeth the morning of surgery to minimize infection.
- A clean shaven face for men is preferable before surgery.
- Jewelry, body piercings and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. No contact lenses are to be worn on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Bureau prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- At least one week prior to surgery DO NOT TAKE/DRINK: Green tea, ginger, ginseng or ginkgo biloba.
- NO cell phones are allowed in the OR or Recovery Room.
A minimum $250.00 cancellation fee will be applied if:
1) Not showing for surgery without notice.
2) Surgery is cancelled with less than 1 week notice, unless for a medical reason (A physicians note will be required).
3) Instructions before surgery were not followed leading to the cancellation of the surgery (ie. Not having an empty stomach when informed to do so).