Before Intravenous Sedation or General Anesthesia
- Absolutely NOTHING to EAT or DRINK (including water) after midnight on the evening prior to surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Bureau prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- No smoking, drugs (legal or illegal) or alcohol 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery and after the surgery for at least 2 days.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes – Please brush and floss your teeth the morning of surgery to minimize infection. A clean-shaven face for men is preferable before surgery. Jewelry, body piercings, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. No contact lenses are to be worn the day of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, make-up, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- At least one week prior to surgery DO NOT TAKE/DRINK: Green Tea, ginger, ginseng, garlic, and gingko biloba.
- NO cell phones are allowed in the OR or Recovery Room.
Please refer to our website for further information: Www.stevebureauoms.com
A minimum $250.00 cancellation fee will be applied if:
1) Not showing for surgery without notice.
2) Surgery is canceled with less than 1-week notice, unless for a medical reason (A physicians note will be required). 3) Instructions before surgery were not followed leading to the cancellation of the surgery (ie. Not having an empty stomach when informed to do so).
4) Any suspected impairment of any kind on the day of surgery.